Monday, March 31, 2014

Grief

Well,  in my last post I mentioned that I hadn't really felt much regarding my Uncle's death,  which sounds super harsh,  but I don't mean it to be.  I was just numb and didn't know how to react. 
  Well the grief has definitely caught up with me, I've been crying off and on since yesterday. 
   This sounds terrible, but I didn't end up making it to his funeral because I had stayed up the night before making a picture book for his funeral and then my dad got sick and needed someone to stay home with him,  so I did.  I will find a way to make my peace with his death,  I just haven't figured it out yet.
    But about the picture book I made of him,  I have to admit, it's pretty awesome.  My mom had this GORGEOUS scrapbook that was so old all the pages in the inside were just falling out,  but I wanted to use the cover anyway,  so I just pulled the rest of the pages out so I was left with just the shell of the scrapbook and took a 1/2 inch 3-Ring binder,  the last of my 3 ring page protectors and all the card stock I had in colors that matched the cover and put the pictures to paper,  slid the papers inside the page protectors,  put them in the binder,  then using A LOT  of hot glue, I glued the outside of the 3-Ring binder, to the inside of the scrapbook cover and voilĂ !  I had a beautiful picture book to honor my uncle.  Apparently it quite a hit at the funeral.  My mom said every time she looked for it,  someone was already looking at it.  
     I took some pictures of it, here they are:
This is the cover of the book, it's SOO beautiful !!

My mom in the water with baby Me, with my Uncle looking on from the edge.

These are the pages with the pictures, you can see how I glued the binder itself onto the cover.

This is what happened when I tried to use the original pages, so I pulled them all out and this is the pile !!

 Well, I've been wanting to post about this project since I got it done yesterday at 07:30, but just haven't been able to bring myself to talk about him or the project, so I feel like a huge boulder has been lifted off my shoulders just by posting. I really like how it turned out, and I am glad that I did it. 

That's all I have for now. I will try to post again right before bed. 

_________________

Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you, please leave your comment here !!