Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My New Cricut Explore !! Comprehensive Photo Out-Of-The-Box Experience !!

OMG !! OMG !! OMG !! I GOT MY NEW CRICUT EXPLORE !!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!(that was me squealing!) 

Ok, ok, breath Corinne... sorry for yelling, but I'm soo excited, I can't stand it !! So I've promised you all a Comprehensive Photo Experience of what it looks like from beginning to end of taking it out of the box, because, let me tell you, it is quiet an experience!! And wait until you open the machine for the first time, it opens up and you just here the angels sing, "Ahhhhhhhh !!!

So are you ready to get started? Warning you right now, there are A LOT of photos, so be prepared !! 

I got it !!! It's in my cart!!
 You see that little piece of paper sticking out the top of the box? Yep, that means I own it !! That is my receipt! I called and reserved it at Michaels! The first thing I did when I got there was grab an empty cart, go to the front register and purchase my Explore, before shopping for the rest of the stuff I need. That way, it was ALL mine, and also, I would know exactly how much money I had left to spend on accessories. 

 Now, onto it, I brought it home, put my Original Cricut Personal Cutting Machine into it's bag with all its components and put it in a safe place (not getting rid of it, just needed it out of the way) So I cleared off the table and the couch so I could start the process of opening it and setting it up. 

One thing I never realized is that it is REALLY big, or long, or wide, however you want to describe it.  It measures in at about 21 1/2 " Long X 6 1/4" Deep X 6 1/4" High. I definitely need a bigger table than the one I am currently using. (I am going to be switching to my new table from a few posts earlier, as soon as possible!!)

Got it home and onto the couch, just screaming "OPEN ME !!"
 This is the box, with all the magic hiding inside. 

I also bought accessories for it, I bought some blades, (FYI: As far as blades go, the machine comes with 1 German Carbide Blade Pre-Installed [the NEW special blades for the better cutting experience] but for right now, they are not out for sale and there is no estimated date for when they will be available, so after the initial blade wears out, you have to go back to the regular old Cricut blades until they come out with the good blades. Kind of a bummer.) I also bought the Explore Scoring Stylus, especially necessary since I'm into making cards! And I got the Cricut Vinyl Transfer Tape, and some Practice vinyl (Not Pictured). (Seriously what they called it, Practice Vinyl, it is just a huge sheet of brown vinyl that cost me about $2.00 to practice on, how cool is that?)

Cricut Explore w/Accessories

Cricut Explore Scoring Stylus (works GREAT!)

Cricut Vinyl Transfer Tape

Extra Blades (These are the regular ol' Cricut Blades.)
Now, I was ready to open the box !! But I made sure to take it slow so that I didn't miss anything and also so that I could take pictures for all of you !!

This is the first thing you see.
 Close ups: 

This has all kinds of goodies in it !! Just wait and see!!!
So I started with the "Start Here" pamphlet, smart, right? LOL! It pretty much tells yo what is included in the box. The pictures aren't the best quality, I apologize, I need to have my phone looked at... or get a real camera. 


"What's in the boooox!?!?"

A layout of what all is included in the box, but I will be showing you that!

A map of the machine and all it's features.
Also included: 
I haven't looked at this yet, I should probably do that.
Now we are getting to the REAL fun !! First up, the sample goodies they included: 
Comes in this cute little folder.

So these are all the goodies included, from Left to Right: Instructions for how to use the materials, 2 Pieces of Black Cardstock, 2 Duck Tape Sheets (colors may vary), Silver Vinyl, Shimmery White Iron-On, and Jade colored cardstock.
Now, the jade cardstock and one of the black cardstock sheets are specifically intended for the famous Cut And Write "Thank You" card. That is why the jade cardstock is so small. 
Still, some pretty awesome "freebies", if you can call them that.

Then you lift out the top layer/box and below it is what you have coveted since you first heard about it, The Cricut Explore !! 


The machine comes in its bag to protect it, and the white thing is the back of the cutting mat.

Ready for your first peek at the machine? You sure you can handle this? Ok, deep breath, here we go!!! 
Peek-A-Boo !!!
It's real!! It's really real !! 


OMG !! It's REAL !! And it's sitting on my table !!

It sure is a good looking machine, but larger than I realized !! 


Oh, wait! There is something left in the box. What could it be?


In this little box is your power cord, your USB cord to connect to your computer, and your Silver Marker.
  
Your cutting mat.


We are almost done and almost set up!! Just hang in there !!

Plug it all in, and remove the foam padding from the carriage, and you are ready to cut !!

Well, there you have it, your Comprehensive Photo Experience of taking your new Cricut Explore out of the box!!! 

I really hope you enjoyed this post, and maybe even learned something. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see anything else!! I hope to hear from you regarding this blog post. In my next post I will show off my first completed project using the Cricut Explore!! That is coming up in a few hours, so please come back and check it out !!

I really hope to hear from you, just leave me a comment !! I have changed my settings to allow anyone to post without creating an account, but PLEASE leave me your name !! 

Thank you for looking and reading!!
______________________
Corinne 


 

1 comment:

  1. This was me yesterday! I do buy some extras but forgot my scoring tool, so ordered it today...I can tell already the explore and I are going to be great friends!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you, please leave your comment here !!