Friday, April 25, 2014

My Newest Cricut Explore Card !!

Hey there !! I hope everybody is doing well!! 

I wanted to make a post regarding my latest card. I am  going to start keeping track of the names of the Cartridges the images are from and how I found them, also how I put them together and the products I used. That way you can get some ideas from me, OR you can leave me comments with YOUR favorite products to use that may be better than what I'm using !! I love learning from each other and that is a big part of what I want my blog to be about -- Learning from each other !!


Now, back to my card! Here is the picture of my card: 

Card made on 04.24.14 -- My Bird/Panel/Lace Card !! Aren't the little birdies just SOO cute!?
So here is the exact info, including Image Names, Cartridge Names, etc for how I made this card, but PLEASE, do not make the exact card I made, make it your own, I am just providing this information in case you want to use any of these images or a couple of them for yourself. Again, PLEASE do not duplicate my card, that is akin to Painting an exact replica of someone else's painting and claiming it as your own. Thank you. 

So here we go, ready for all the info? Layer by layer:


Card Base:

I searched "Anna Griffin" and used the card named "Lace Folded Card" from her "Splendid Soiree" cartridge. 
Panels:
Searched "Rounded Rectangle", used "Rectangle" from "Just Because Cards" Cartridge, x 3 (for 3 panels).
2 Overlays On Outside Panels: I had purchased this images a few weeks ago and decided I wanted to use it and that it would be PERFECT, it is not included in the subscription, but you can find it by searching "Rectangle Branch" from "Storybook" Cartridge. 
Middle Panel Frame: I don't remember what I searched to find this frame, but if you search by it's name "33" you will find it. Flower Frame, "33" from "Small Talk Frames & Tags" Cartridge. 
Bird on Branch on Middle Panel: Searched "Bird" and selected "Bird On a Branch" from the "Songbird" Cartridge. 
Pennant (For Sentiment Stamp): I don't remember what I searched, but the one I used was called "Pennant Rectangle", but I couldn't find the exact one I used when I searched again. However, I found a very similar one called "Pennant" from the "Pretty Pennants" cartridge. All you need to do is turn it 90* and VOILA !!
Inside Bird: I searched "Bird" but changed the FILTER settings to "Single Layer" and this is the first one that popped up. It is called "Big Bird" from the "Tablescapes Spring & Summer" Cartridge. 

Supplies Used:

*  Elmer's Craft Bond Dot Tape Runner (LOVE this stuff!! Just wish they came in larger dispensers and refills, which is why I will be getting an ATG or something similar this month !!)
*  Unkown Brand Medium Size Glue Dots (LOVE these too !! They are especially great when you want to add SOME dimension to a project, but not a lot of dimension.)

Assembly:

I used the Elmer's Craft Bond Dot Tape Runner to adhere everything together with the exception of the pennant. I used the Elmer's to glue the 2 layers of the pennant together, but I used the Medium Size Glue Dots to adhere the 2 layered pennant with sentiment to the card itself. 

Well, there you have it, a detailed synopsis of my card. I hope you guys get some knowledge and inspiration from my card and the information I provided above. Go get on Design Space, or Cricut Craft Room, and get designing!!! I've given you all the information you need to use some of the same images I used, but make it your OWN !! I would love to see what you all come up with!! I don't know if you can post pic's in the comments here or not, but give it a try, or leave the link to the picture of your card !! 


I hope to hear from you !! 
Until next time, 
________
Corinne

2 comments:

  1. Nice explanation, sad that I don't have time now. But will try as soon as I can. You should start making videos too. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Betzy. I just got a video camera, I have been thinking about making videos !!

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you, please leave your comment here !!