Saturday, May 3, 2014

**UPDATED** HELP !!! I need YOUR help with scrapbook paper/cardstock storage !! ASAP !! Please.


UPDATE :: I did find a solution today for my paper storage needs,  but I have a feeling I will out grow it FAST!  So if any of you have any awesome ideas, please let me know!  It has to be a stand alone unit,  i.e. Not something that sits on a desk or shelf,  because as I explained further down in this post,  I don't have my own Craft Room, just a table and a locker for my stuff.  So, yeah,  not much of a crafty area at all,  but it's the best I can do for now!  I'm thinking maybe some of those drawers posted below might actually help now that the paper is out of the way!  But I'm rambling,  so any advice at all would be great!  

Here is a picture of what I bought today: 

Made by Iris, it's the Scrapbook Chest w/ 6 Cases.
Hopefully this will work for a while, but if anyone has a better solution for me, PLEASE feel free to share it with me, and pictures are more than welcomed !! 

Thanks again,


Corinne


----------------------------------------------------------
Hey friends,
Happy Scrapbooking Day !!!  (Did you know that was a thing, and that it is today??)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am at my wits end here, I have been searching and searching and searching for a good paper storage solution and I am just not finding what I need. So, let me outline my needs for you and maybe you can help me this time !! :)

* Storage DRAWERS
* With Casters/Wheels
* Less than 31" tall (It has to fit UNDER my crafting table, as I don't have a craft room, just a little space carved out in the family room that mostly just consists of my large crafting table.)
* VERY Sturdy (I have probably over a total of 50lbs of paper and cardstock. Now I can obviously split the paper up between drawers so it isn't one drawer holding all the weight, but I need the casters to be strong enough to hold the weight.)
* Drawers big enough to hold 12x12 paper/cardstock
* Inexpensive, but not CHEAP, meaning it isn't built using cheap materials that are going to break on me in a month. 
* And finally, I need it to hold as much as possible. 
I have been taking up the couch with my 12x12 scrapbook paper tote boxes, and I need to get them off the couch ASAP. 

Here are some examples of what I've been looking at, but have found either they are too weak, cheaply made, too tall, etc. For whatever reason THESE ones won't work, but I want something SIMILAR. 


LOVE this one, but A- it's too tall, B- I was told that it breaks down pretty quickly.

This is ALMOST perfect. I LOVE the height, but it is too wide, I would need a SINGLE one, not double, but also got the same reviews as the one above. 


Well, you get the idea. This is the type of thing I'm looking for, but one that won't BREAK. 

Please, anyone!! Any ideas? I've spent hours looking at possible solutions, and they just don't seem to be working out. Any help would be great, thank you !!

Please leave me comments here, links, pictures, YOUR storage solutions and where you got them, etc. I need ALL the help I can get!! 

(Can you tell that I am desperate??!!)
-------
Thank you and Happy Crafting!!
Corinne

2 comments:

  1. i have this one with the rainbow of shelves it breaks down really fast but if you put up two cross bars in the back to stabilize it. It will hold up and last... just need some liquid sodder and two metal straps you can get at lowes and they even cut to the length you need just measure so they will criss coss each other and your good to go

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you, please leave your comment here !!